😀 So I have a baby shower tomorrow, and I’d like to bring a dessert. But I’d like to make it with just things I have in the house, so it’s going to be mostly dairy-free and stuff. I’m starting with this recipe:
And going to add a couple things as I go. Eggnog, for one, because I’m making a double + batch and I don’t have enough coconut milk. I bet that won’t suck. More after I’m done!!
- 1 cup coconut milk (about 1/2 can)
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- Dash cinnamon
- Pour coconut milk into a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Add agave and stir to combine. Add rice and continue to stir until evenly distributed.
- Let mixture simmer for about 5 minutes. Liquids should boil off and mixture will become thicker. Serve sprinkled with cinnamon.
More to come when I finish it!
What I really did:
I made a double batch of rice, which means about 8 cups of cooked rice. So obviously, there’s plenty of rice. To get 8 cups of liquid, I combined the following:
4 cups coconut milk (light)
2 cups eggnog
2 cups water
2+ Tbsp cinnamon (cassia, not Ceylon) – I like cinnamon a lot.
Ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom to taste
1/2 cup brown sugar
Simmer the cooked rice in this mixture (probably in your largest pan) until it thickens up. Then try to find enough containers for that much delicious, delicious rice pudding. 😀
Oh my gosh, is this good. And not *quite* as naughty as my normal recipe.